Last updated: 31 May 2018
How FooSales Stores Data:
FooSales makes minimal usage of data stored in the database. FooSales stores basic meta in order custom post types to distinguish what orders were processed by FooSales and what payment method was selected.
The FooSales tablet app uses the built-in WordPress XML-RPC to communicate with the FooSales plugin in order to retrieve customer and order information as well as process sales. Data that is transferred between the plugin and app includes order and purchaser data.
Orders processed by the FooSales mobile app will trigger the new default WooCommerce email order functionality. If this option is enabled, the WooCommerce “New customer order” email will be sent to the email addresses specified under the ‘WooCommerce’ -> ‘Emails’ options. This email might include updates to the template. Default data within this email includes order and item details, and customer data. Once a “New customer order” email has been sent, it will be stored indefinitely on the website administrator’s email server depending on the email address/es that were specified in the WooCommerce settings.
How To Remove Data:
To remove orders:
- Navigate to ‘WooCommerce’ -> ‘Orders’ in your WordPress Admin Area
- Highlight the orders/s that should be deleted
- Select “Move to bin” in bulk actions and click “Apply”
- Navigate to the order “Bin”
- Highlight the order/s that should be deleted
- Select “Delete permanently” in bulk actions and click “Apply”
Removing Plugin Options and Settings
To remove all FooSales options and settings, simply disable and uninstall the plugins. The plugins will automatically remove all options and settings from the database during the uninstallation process.
Removing FooSales Files
To remove the FooSales files:
- Disable and uninstall the plugins as per above instructions (Removing Plugin Options and Settings)
- Connect to your web server via an FTP client and navigate to ‘wp-content/plugins‘ in the WordPress directory. Ensure that all FooSales plugin directories have been deleted.
User Roles, Capabilities and Permissions:
FooSales makes extensive use of the built-in WordPress user role and capability functionality to ensure better privacy. By default, only users with the role of “Administrator” will have access to all the FooSales features. If you require an additional role to have access to specific FooSales features, you will need to assign capabilities to this role using a free third-party WordPress plugin.
Here are the steps required in order to do this:
- Login to your WordPress Admin Area and install and activate the User Role Editor plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-role-editor/
- Navigate to ‘Users’ -> ‘User Role Editor’
- Select the user role that needs access to specific FooSales features under the “Select Role and change its capabilities” option
- Enter the term “foosales” in the quick filter text box
- Check each of the items that have been highlighted (this is basically all the options that have the “foosales” suffix)
- Click the “Update” button on the right