It goes without saying that we are huge fans of WooCommerce. We are also huge fans of Square, thanks to their beautiful hardware and simple approach to in-person payments. So it only makes sense to bring these two powerful platforms together and seamlessly bridge the gap between selling online and in-person. As such, we are excited to announce that FooSales now supports chip, tag and swipe card payments using Square!
This integration makes it easier than ever to leverage the strengths of both platforms. By using FooSales to seamlessly bring these platforms together, your products, stock, orders and customers remain centralized in your WooCommerce database while leveraging Square for what it does best, securely process card payments. This means no bridging plugins between Square and WooCommerce, no parallel inventory management systems, no catalog syncing issues, no product mismatches and no product restrictions.
This FooSales Square Payments integration is offered as an optional add-on that can be purchased together with any FooSales plan and supports Square Stand, Chip and Magstripe readers. If you already have an active FooSales plan, the Square Payments add-on can also be purchased separately. If you are new to FooSales, you can try Square Payments when signing up for the 30-day free trial (no credit card or billing details required).
Other notable updates included in the latest iOS and Android release (2.1.1):
- Improved product, customer and order search functionality thanks to support for multi-word search
- After the initial load, all data is now cached locally on your device to speed up connection times to your store for subsequent app loads
- Pull down to refresh product and order data to get the latest updates
- Updates to product and order data as well as any new orders can now be automatically fetched from your store in the background (read more)
- The frequency of background data updates can be set in the Settings screen
- Added a plugin setting to limit the total amount of orders to load (read more)
- WooCommerce order emails for orders created in FooSales can be disabled (read more)
- Improvements to Star mPOP connection stability
We would love to hear your feedback so please get in touch if you have any questions.